Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Dance fail

I was finally starting to feel great about Kenz being in dance and loving it. I had to make the decision back in October to order her pricey dance costume, which I did. In the beginning of December it was observation week in class which means all the parents and whatever other family members want to are welcome in the classroom. Kenz was super clingy and just didn't want to do anything. They did a cool project where all the kids did a paint hand print on the door with their name under it. It was so neat to see all the kids' hands, well all but Kenz's. She just lost it when it was her turn and wanted nothing to do with it. Nothing to do with the paint, nothing to do with the class, just nothing. She wouldn't talk to any of the girls or even look at them.

I was hoping next week things would go better for her in dance. I figured it wasn't observation week so hopefully she would be back to regular Kenzee, the one who was beginning to enjoy dance class. Nope. Usually if I sit behind her she will participate. She wanted nothing to do with class besides sitting right next to me holding hands. This week I had Jaxon with me so it was difficult for me to get really involved. I tried many different things to get her with her classmates but I could just feel her anxiety raising and I knew I had to back off. I was instantly saddened because she was making such great progress before and I was feeling like I was losing that. She does the dance moves and songs at home constantly. However only Fred and I see that, I want her teacher to see the love she has for dance. Some days I just wish the world saw the Kenz I got to see at home

No comments:

Post a Comment